AMAZON DEALS!

brite

Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Council Member Rodriguez Statement on Adopted City Council Redistricting Plan!



James Rodriguez
This morning the Houston City Council adopted a revised redistricting plan that incorporates the recommendations submitted by the Latino leadership on April 20.   
The proposal provides an opportunity for the Latino community to gain representation on the Houston City Council.  
I am proud that my office provided the leadership on this issue throughout this process.
I want to thank the Mayor and her staff for working with the Latino community leadership on this critical issue.  
I want to thank the Latino leadership for stepping forward and making the case for a redistricting plan that is fair to all communities.   
I also want to thank Dr. Laura Murillo and the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce for facilitating the Latino leadership effort during the past month and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment